April 25, 2008

oh gosh~~~~~ I think I have been in slacking mode ever since the fyp submission. Buck up buck up!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, there was a "more fruitful than normal" discussion yesterday on the quotes of Oscar Wilde. I must say that there are some that I don't really understand (mainly due to my limited vocab) but there were some that are very true and funny.

e.g
"I can resist anything but temptation."
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

The ability of words to mean so much with so few words is amazing.

Not forgetting the 成语 that we always have to remember when we were young.

Chinese rules! HAHAHA.......I think I siao already...

Food for thought: Why do you read novels? For the plot or style? I am in for the former category because I like reporter style (aka Dan Brown). I'm sure that if I continue to persevere in reading, I might start to appreciate the latter which adds more pleasure in reading.

I shall end this post with a quote that reflects singapore's education system

"We teach people how to remember, we never teach them how to grow" - Oscar Wilde

No comments: