June 24, 2008

Alright! Updates for the past few days

Saturday:

Didn't know that I was going to be jie mei for my cousin until my auntie asked my mum about it. OOPS~~~~~~ It wasn't really clear to me too....

Had the wedding dinner at sentosa golf club. The freaking place is damn posh and they serve in individual portions!! This is the first wedding dinner I have attended so far that serve food in individual portions. The food is of quite a good standard and I simply love the mango pudding (also a first of a kind dessert for me in wedding dinners)They also had young asparagus in one of the dishes. I'm really glad that this is not my friend's wedding or else the ang bao I need to give will need to be damn big lors!!!

I also wore my super high shoes that day and the most most most HIP thing that happened that day was.......
MY FAMILY went St James with my cousins!!!! we went to dragonfly but the songs are abit retro retro kind. The chinese songs are LIVE but they were popular even before my parents were born or maybe too young. WAs sitting down all the way cause I was wearing the super high shoes so can't dance at all..... Stayed there for around one hour before my bro send us home (cause he had a movie appointment so we can't explore all the places) BOOHOO!!!!!!! But the fact that my parents went to St James still stuns me abit... I have a crazy FAMILY and I love it!

Sunday:

Started working at John little and have to wake up damn early lor (remember that I was at St James the previous night!!!) Was 5 mins late cause I was waiting at the entrance (DAMN STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!) until I decided to go to the back to check whether there's a staff entrance. Due to the fact that I was late, I didn't get to hear all the things from the briefing. Was quite lost cause I don't know anything (obviously) and just looking at other people doing the float in. Alot of situations happened as I am not really used to doing cashiering. Had lunch alone at BK cause the senior pack her own lunch from home. Just going to BK, I spent more than my hourly pay. It's frankly quite shitty if you think it that way!!! After that, had a customer was complaining about us (me and the senior) for working very slow (OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!! THIS IS MY FREAKING FIRST DAY LEHS!!!)

BUT!!!!! someone special(SS) came to find me to have dinner. We had dinner at john silver (CHEAPER than BK) and I headed back to work. SS even waited for me till I end work. Really quite touched actually but I was in a foul mood as my toes were aching like siao. In the end, I realised that it's because the shoes were too small (cause feet will expand after standing and walking for some time). Actually, I'm suppose to buy another pair of shoes But I don't really wanna bother since it's only a two weeks kind of thing!!

Monday:

More clear about what's happening in the morning although I still can't do it by myself. Had lunch alone cause different time slots from other people. There were two customers that left quite a deep impression to me.

Firstly, is a lady that wanted to ask whether there are a certain brand available at other outlets. I really REALLY wanted to help but I don't know that to dial landline, I must press 9 first... so I couldn't help much. In the end, she is quite pissed (cause it's really quite a simple thing to do but unfortunately I don't know how to) and I asked her to go to the customer service cause I think they would be more clear. After a while, she came back to buy the ties and I think she had given up on JL totally from her tone as she was telling me that the customer service can't help much too.

Next, its a young guy who was asking for eau de toilette for a certain brand and I REALLY cannot hear him and ask him to repeat. He repeated but I still can't hear so I just tell him that everything is at that area. He asked me whether I understood what he meant then I said, no.... Despite knowing that, he asked me to check whether there is atock for the thing which I didn't even know. I wonder why he didn't ask me whether I have stock for this (pointing at the sample DIRECTly) It will definitely help me in understanding what he meant.

Additionally, don't keep returning stuff lehs.... damn ma fan de lehs....
;p just joking
I think it's a good experience to get although I felt quite useless after the first day.... haiz.....

2 comments:

rong2 said...

yoyo! where u working?
woodlands? yishun? haha... tell me tell me.. i go find u...

cloud_gal said...

the one opp somerset. keke.....