December 01, 2012


Just went to Aussie for around a week recently.... and all I wanna say is that I love the weather.
I just wanted to blog about it because I want to keep it as a memory. I did not take a lot of pictures as I was simply lazy.... Really happy that I met up with my friends living in Aussie as I was trying not to be too touristy.... but I think it ended with me not doing important things like seeing a real life kangaroo and koala bear.

On the first day when I arrived in melbourne after travelling for 8 hours on emirates (oh... talking about emirates.... I think they have more leg space than SIA and their fare is quite reasonable. Note to self to book that in the future), I met up with my friend who insisted that I should start looking around the city right away. So we went to have brunch at one of the cafes. I ordered some mushroom pasta which I don't really like and it ended up him finishing 1.5 plate of food. Frankly, I prefer the lasagna that he ordered. hahaha....

Next up, we went to take a look at the state library which was pretty spacious and very well sectioned. I went to look around at some ongoing exhibitions in the library that are not too draining.... I didn't know that older biology books, they actually have illustrations for the animals or plants beside the description. It is at least a B4 sized book and the illustration spans for the whole page and it was coloured. I also remembered that I saw the religious text that was carved on pretty thin wood bark. It was pretty impressive.

We proceeded to drink coffee at this cozy cafe which had pretty good coffee I thought. I forgot the name but I am sure in times of need, I should be able to ask my friend. whahaha..... we had the ice coffee and the vanilla ice cream was soooo good~~~

At night, we met up with his friend and went to a Greek restaurant. I am rather open to go to "out of norm" restaurants but somehow, Greek restaurant gives me that feeling that I am going to have to eat a lot of feta cheese (I am not a cheese fan so it slightly bothered me). But it turned out that I was wrong... there wasn't really a lot of feta cheese and all the dishes are pretty refreshing and minty.
Somehow, I took a picture of the menu and the place.



So the night ends for Day 1.


 
 
For Day 2, I managed to hop on for a vineyard tour. I was pretty hyped up about it because I never been to one before and actually had thoughts of being a sommelier. The first one that we went was scenic as you can see from the pictures from above... The place was filled with the aroma of the wine and it was pretty cool to see the real stuff.

We proceeded to go to 2 other vineyards. I really liked a Shiraz from Seville estate that I bought it immediately... It was nice sharing it with my family as they liked it as well.

How could I forget to blog about the tasty banana cake I had in the morning. I think I start to understand why my bf's mum love to make banana cakes. She must have had really good ones when she was in Aussie.
 
 
The night ended with a good dinner, oyster shots, johnny walker blue label (I still prefer martell cordon bleu) and a long stroll as wanted to save up on the taxi fare. I really like to take long strolls in cold countries as you get to enjoy the surroundings without getting sweaty and uncomfortable.
 
End of Day 2~

 

No comments: