December 31, 2012

Last of 2012

Welcome to the last of 2012 and I am still alive to type this entry...

Anyways, I was looking at a gizmodo post and a recent article in the newspaper with regards to technology.

Technology has definitely become part of our society. Without it, we are lost and I would say unable to function properly and efficiently. Gone are the days where we give coins to the bus conductor (however, technically speaking.... a bus should be some form of technology too but let's not dwell on that) or write on a piece of paper ( I thought long for this). Yes... I am not only talking about the internet. I think many have forgot the embrace the fact that technology doesn't only encompass internet, social media and phone. Just thought I should pen this down because I am trying to be clever or at least look clever (and hopefully witty). laugh if you want... bet some (if not all) have overlooked and think in their mind "I know these already...." but actually forgot until I mentioned it.

However, having said that, I am going to talk about internet, social media and phone because I start to get frustrated with the above mentioned. I am not going to say what rubbish things people write on the internet and the social media because I simply love reading them. Mind you... I stalk follow people pretty badly on facebook to the point that I wake up reading through status updates before I get out of bed. Maybe that is the source of my frustration.... because I constantly feel the need to know what is happening even though technically.... it doesn't actually concern me and why should I give a shit of what people are doing. But yes... I think that I am actually addicted to it unless I am forcefully taken away from the internet (for eg. going on a holiday where the hotel charges outrageous internet fees that I can probably eat quite a good meal with it). It is not that I get frustrated when I do not get to connect to the internet or go through withdrawal symptoms like craving for internet or vomit (okay.. I am just trying to be funny again.) I actually felt relief that I do not have to constantly check my phone for updates. It is a little weird for me cause my rationale mind tells me that just do it if you want to, why are you giving a shit about controlling your urge to stalk follow people. People get really happy when others follow them.... I can literally vouch for that... hahaha... (I think I am in a general mood to irritate people today so if you are already unhappy or feel that you want to challenge for what I have said... please continue feeling so because I can actually do nothing to you.) Currently, I feel myself constantly getting distracted and need to do something on my phone all the time.

So for starters to curb my addiction, I have taken off the shortcut to my facebook and twitter from my phone. Hopefully, this will make me go on these media less often because I am generally very lazy to go through a lot (of inefficiencies) to get my things done. That probably leads another of my frustrations.... getting impatient with all the inefficiencies in life like why people like to walk/drive so slowly and hog up the whole area.... So in order not to stress and irritate myself further, I will choose to go at their pace. Life seems a little easier when you match up with inefficient people.

So kudos to inefficiencies in 2013 and hopefully I will become happier when I start becoming less efficient and also less of a stalker.

No comments: