July 25, 2005

holland V

okay, call me a mountain turtle because i had never been to holland village until yesterday. considering the distance between my school and holland V, i think i should have gone there a year ago which unfortunately, i didn't. was going to celebrate my bro's birthday so just went there to see the restaurant there.

i have to say that there is quite a good variety of food. there's swensen's, coffee club, haagen daz ( i know i am a mountain turtle not to know how to spell this stupid ice cream's name. who does anyway?), indian, mexican, italian, nydc and pubs over there and the price of food there ain't very expensive.

in the end, we decided ( or i should say my dad decided) that we should try out the italian food there. my ratings: i think mine is not marvelous but it sort of an acquired taste that i grew to like. (i still prefer brewerks!!)
i never tried my bros' as i can't even finish my own plate of spaghetti and the lobster tasted weird. yucks.... the caesar salad was good as well as some tomato+basil leaves+baguette (i am not proficient in italian names)

next, we went to drink at some place where there is a one for one promotion and we ordered hoegarden. it was great... i love that beer seriously... i like asahi as well.... since then... i think that tiger beer no longer suits me. hahaz... i have upgraded alright? so anybody who wants to drink someday can jio me, i am lack of drinking partners... even my parents allow me to bring friends to drink. woohoo....
only my bro is getting a little dizzy when he finished his beer and was stoning for quite a while. i like the music there as well and managed to see m. schmacher (whatever his name is) got taken over by some blue team ( i am just not into races)

but what is best is the dessert that follows. we got to order nydc cakes alright?!!! i - irish cream mudpie ( i just love alcohol)
my elder bro ( aka birthday boy) - kulua mudpie.
my younger bro -some triple square mudpie.
mum - mango cheesecake.
dad- macademia choco cake.

i love mine!!! haha... i can't taste the kulua one since my cake has a heavy taste..
i also like the macademia one.

then after that... go home and sleep... haha... crapz

No comments: