September 24, 2008

150908

We went quite early to our workplace the next day because we didn’t want to be late but we ended up waiting for like 1 ½ hours before we start work. Apparently, they only start work at 830 (which dragged to 900) and we reached there at 730 but we figured out that we should leave a good impression at least for the first day. =p

We were introduced to some of the staff like Kam, Debby, Karen and Jenny and they are quite friendly except that we couldn’t really catch what they are saying because they slur A LOT!!!! Anyways, we sticked to Karen for the day of work since another new girl was following Kam.

Housekeeping is actually much more complicated than I thought and I realized that I didn’t have the strength to do all the things. But as a kind reminder to all that is going to live in a hotel, inn, whatever la….. Please remember to wash your cup and spoon before you use them. I don’t want to elaborate since it may be against our policy to tell everybody what is going on but you should get what I mean right. I didn’t really like to wash the bathroom because it was kind of troublesome and we need to check out whether there is hair in the bathtub. I prefer doing vacuuming and making the bed. Same goes to sasa because we expressed the same feelings after we discussed about it.

It was around 2 when we left the Inn and we went to Loroughbrough to get shoes for sasa and bank account as they don’t do direct payment to us. We went into Barclay and the person told us that we needed to prove that we are staying at certain place before we can open an account. But we just moved in two days ago and thus cannot produce and form of letter to show that we lived there. We then went to HSBC and I got my bank account done. It was actually not very good to open an account with HSBC because I wasn’t able to get a debit card for free because Barclays actually offer free debit card. Felt kind of cheated and wanted to close my bank account with HSBC after going through all that.

We then went to buy sasa’s shoes which cost 2 pounds lor! Sasa is exclaiming that this is the cheapest shoes she has ever bought even if we converted to SGD. I can’t get that pair of shoes because my feet are too big =(

We then went to shop for groceries and hangers (need to hang clothes) and we are going to make salad later on. Hopefully everything goes well and we will have a very good meal later! will update later on how dinner went!!! keke….

Back, dinner was filling! Only the eggs were imperfection as we didn’t fully cooked it. I still love my brussel sprouts and think that I prolly will get them more often than I thought of!! the marinated potatoes is very fragrant and I think I might just forget about peeling my own potato in the future! Feeling sleepy but stopping myself from falling asleep since I don’t want to get fat as I think to wear many layers when winter comes.

The clothes didn’t dry at all and we had to bring them back into our room. I figured it might be better if we brought it in our room so that we can have more moisture as it’s very dry out here.

No comments: