June 08, 2004

AdDiCtEd

After some days of blogging, I found that I’m totally addicted to it! I’m not sure why I’m addicted however, the problem is that I can’t always be updating due to the sole reason that I do not want to be over anxious on what I want to write. I really do not hope to see my blog become a pile of rubbish after a while. maybe i will up date once in a week. having all me personal problems also pulls me down sometimes. so my brain cells are too preoccupied with things to think seriously what i want to write. You will understand what I mean after raeding my blog entry today. sorry! Having this blog let me express certain things that I can’t exactly tell people in the “real world” of ours. It’s solely to share it with strangers that may just happen to drop by and take a look at it. I welcome any comments, whether it’s critical or a pleasant hello to me.
Do you feel the same way as me? why do we start to blog? Have you ever thought of that? You may say that it's an online diary. I'm not stamping out the probability of that but seriously, i thought that diaries are suppose to be personal items that are not usually shared with people? Are we seeking for condolences or for solutions or maybe find bloggers that share the same ideas with us? what are we seeking in this private yet open space with dear servers of the internet.
I feel that in this “real world” of us, there are many things that can’t be told to other souls as it may turn against us someday. Maybe I’m thinking too much but it's possible, don't you think so?. Maybe it’s due to the fact that I’m not occupied by work or school thus resulting in the overflowing of brain cells. Therefore, I decided to let my excess brain cells to do the thinking, not only about the blog but other areas of life.
Suddenly, I feel that life is to much of a probability game where almost every decision you make are based on probability. We can't be absolutely sure of everything we do because everytime when we were sure about certain things, it may backfire with undesirable consequences. thus, a kind of fear has then instilled into us where we are not sure with every step we take, especially when we know that the decision is going to affect our lives. whether big or small, it will be a game where we will play as we live on in this world. Don't you agree?
With the luxury life that i am living now(playing computer games and writing blogs), i think i should put aside time to think about some what ifs so as to better prepare myself towards the future. Hmmm.... should i be cremated or burried? see my point now if you don't already?
Cheers!

2 comments:

Wind said...

you blog today touches on an interesting topic, which is material enough to start writing another blog.

i was intriuged by your mention of the "real world", as this perception of the real world has changed somewhat from, say, five to ten years ago. in fact, i have tried to touch on them in a couple of my previous blogs, that of the "transient relationships" and "virus space". ten years ago, real people were living their own lives, minding their own businesses. they were separate entities, not well connected other than the few good friends whom we use to talk to from our home phones.

in today's tech saavy world, such a person would seem "unreal". the invasion of the internet culture has actually (in my humble opinion) made the individual more isolated. everyone has the safety net (no pun intended) of sitting behind a screen (no pun intended again) when "interacting" with other people. inter"personal" relationships become rather superficial, i feel, resulting in a more intense need to be connected to the world. this, in turn, is fufilled by the phenomenon of blogging.

when you blog, you can express yourself properly, without the hindrance of censorship, with a chance of people coming across your page and actually spending time reading it. with that psycholigical assurance that "someone" is finally hearing what you have to say, you become more confident of yourself.

another intruiging term you used is the "stranger" from the net. assuming you are using the blog to express your thoughts to "strangers" what you cannot express to friends from the "real world", at the end of the day, there's some sort of a reversal. people in the "real world" become "strangers" because they don't know the "real" you, and the "strangers" from the "virtual" world become strangers no more when the virtual world becomes a major part of your life, which, as i previously suggested, is more "real" than real.

see, we have a blog already. i'll post this on my page as well ;)

Wind said...

part 2 comments with regards to predictability in life. i heard someone saying that there's no guarantees in life, except maybe the insurance company. but i've come to realise that even insurance companies might not be able to give you 100% guarantees.

let's face it. nothing is absolute in this world. we just have to take chances everyday. life would be so boring without this uncertainty. so open yourself up to the myriad of possibilities. make your world a more colourful place to be in today.