June 04, 2004

hApPy WiTh uR LifE?

Hi again~ I’m back with more things to say! You may think what is this girl doing, why has she got so much time to blog. The reason is simple, because I’m currently waiting for entry to university and not working exactly working now. Today’s topic came by as I was sitting on the bus, trying to pass my time as I have nothing to do on the bus. I can’t read or watch tv mobile as I will get dizzy spells. So I was staring through the window and doing nothing when suddenly I heard someone said, “I enjoyed my primary school days, playing and playing. We don’t have to worry about anything ….” I’m not eavesdropping so I can’t exactly remember what he said and can’t be bothered to hear what he has to say too. With this amount of information, I decided to put this as a topic as I have also pondered about it during my ride, trying to figure out what I can say about it here and also most importantly, pass my time!
Why do we always look back to the past? The first question that popped in my brain after I heard the remark. Are we living so terribly now that we have to look back to the past to find sweet memories like primary school days. But hey, I don’t mean I have a terrible childhood and I do have “sweet” primary school life. My primary school life consists of beating up guys, acting like a bitch and so on… how cliché. I don’t want to write too much about it because it will take my whole day to write it and I do have a life and do not need to write the blog to pass my precious night time that I dedicate to talking in irc. I also understand that we should be grateful that we have a nice childhood to think about. Why didn’t we dedicate this time to live our life to live our present life to the fullest and before we die(sorry for being blunt), we will think “no regrets as I lived my life to the fullest and I’m ready to die!” I’m trying to fulfil this ideal of mine now and in the future. Currently, I’m quite happy with my state. Yeah! We should look forward to leading our lives to the fullest. Oops… I think I am carried away as always. But I know that this ideal of mine will be smashed as I go into society where all the monsters come out (Monsters= bosses, back stabbers and other creatures that I haven’t thought of currently.) and footing all the bills and trying to get a life out of the routine.(I guess that’s the reason why clubs are so popular and shows like faking it are working out just fine) Thus I shall stand by my ideal as much as possible and pray that it will work out just fine. J
Talking about the show leads me to think about another point today. Just an overview, this reality show is about faking the candidate as some other job like lab technician to become a cheerleader , carpenter to become an interior designer and a richie into a cowboy. Can you believe it?! They will become an imposter and trick three professional judges in a short span of three weeks which is like ?!!??! I think so too! Out of the three examples I mentioned (they are not for show), one made it beautifully and the other two barely made it. the pampered one just barely make it if I remembered correctly. Life is just too easy for him, going out and drinking wine with friends, eating top graded food and so on. He can’t actually take the stress level, thinking of his friends when eating hotdog for dinner, having to wake up in the dawn seems like a chore to him. To add 2 points, he actually thinks being a cowboy is easy before he got to the training ground and this boxers has his name on it. Egoistic people like him should be taught a lesson!
When he went home, his trainers are just too happy to send him off and I think it serves as a wake up call for the richie that life is hard and he better enjoy the luxury he has now. The one who made the perfect score of fooling all three judges is the carpenter. See? People who suffer will make an edge for himself and he is lucky that he has some talent in designing. So he worked hard and so the results are marvelous. I was really happy when I saw that episode. (maybe it’s due to the fact that I’m not rich and so biased against people who are egoistic with not their money but their parents’ money!) another thing to think about is the fact that why they want to participate in this show. From the way I looked at the show, it seems that there is no prize money for those who fooled all the judges. I was pondering why they wanted to participate in this show and I have concluded that it may be due to the fact that they are sick and tired of their own routine and wanted something different. I think it’s very true that we can’t really change ourselves for one job to another entirely new job because we won’t want to risk our rice bowl in this competitive society where money seems to be worshipped like a god. Thus I think that it’s very saddening. My initial plan is to work at different kind of jobs and get experience from all of them but I guess I won’t be able to do that now, considering certain factors like my age, my poor command of English,…… I will just stick with the plain and boring road which many people take. You won’t see me selling porridge in hawker center because it’s a tough job and I’m not willing to take it as a career.
So my concluding statement is that we should try to be as happy as possible although we are constrained by certain things like status.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Mick said...

Wow! You've got a lot to say!
I believe most of us look back at certain periods in our lives as having been better than the present (in fact, as having been better than they actually were), mostly because things always seem better in retrospect. When I think back on my high school days or my time in the Army, I don't think of all the miserable things that happened to me while I was there. I remember all the fun I had with my friends, and the unique comraderie and experiences we shared. That makes it easier to look back on those times with nostalgia. Someday I imagine I'll look back at these days and say they were some of the happiest days of my life!

Wind said...

hey, don't worry about your english. its not that bad! at least you're writing :)

"how do we actually know what we want in life if it is not moulded by the society?"

while its true that who we are today is the result of how the society moulded us, but as we mature, we develop our very own set of personality and beliefs and we should start thinking how we can switch roles, and mould the society instead. only then can our society be progressive.

cloud_gal said...

Thanks guys! i'm in cloud 9 now! i'm so happy to receive comments from you especially from two in one shot! (see all the exclaimation marks!)
To Mick: I guess what i wrote it's true. We like to look back in our life. I'm wondering.... Is it just part of life to look back and enjoy the moments that we had? I guess it's also a kind of a lesson where we will analyse what we did in the past and "correct" our future behaviours. I guess that's why schools offer history as a subject. So let us be grateful to our ancestors and all.
to Wind: I still think that i need to improve my language of english because i can't understand some parts of your blog. ("p I'm also refraining myself from writing in short forms. so hope writing blogs and reading other people's blog will help me better express myself. :)
I agree with you that as we mature, we will have our own set of thinking but hey, where did most of the ideas come from? thought about that? I don't mean that we can't have our own set of thinking like somebody who thinks the Earth is round when others think is square. I really regret that I forgot the great person's name. But it's really hard to mould the society because we are in the minorities!! Hahaha.. but we shall not give up to the dream that we have! Cheers!